Fałszywi przyjaciele, homofony i wyrażenia często mylone (5)
Wstaw słowa do zdań. Nie musisz zmieniać ich formy.
1. EVERY DAY / EVERYDAY • She washes the dishes in the evening. • This invention will make life a lot easier from now on.
2. HARD / HARDLY • I had to study to get to university. • There were any people when I got to the birthday party.
3. BREATH / BREATHE • When they entered the room there was so much smoke they could hardly . • How long can you hold your for under water?
4. SENSIBLE / SENSITIVE • It was a very thing to do. I’m sure you thought it through. • My sister is so that she cries when she sees people are in pain.
5. WEATHER / WHETHER • Tom didn’t know to stay or to go. He stood there in the middle of the room unsure what to do. • What is the going to be like tomorrow? Rainy again, huh? No wonder, we’re in England.
6. WRITE / RIGHT • She’s . We have to do what she says. • it down before you forget what to buy.
7. WAIST / WASTE • Buying the ticket to the cinema was such a of money. The movie was so dull. • She is so skinny you could put your hands around her . She should put on some weight.
8. STARES / STAIRS • Tom is so in love with that girl. He at her every time we walk past her classroom! • See, the lift is broken, let’s take the !
9. CHEF / BOSS • This is unbelievable! I want to speak to someone who hired you, where’s your ?! • The Brooks went to the opening of the new restaurant in town, they knew that the famous runs the kitchen there.
10. HARE / HAIR • Jason should do something about his . He looks like Justin Bieber and this is not a compliment… • Did you know that a is classified into the same family as a rabbit, it is of similar size and eats similar things?