Fałszywi przyjaciele, homofony i wyrażenia często mylone (6)
Wstaw słowa do zdań. Nie musisz zmieniać ich formy.
1. DEAF / DEATH • His was a shock to everyone. He was only 35 years old. • My grandpa can’t hear anything. He is .
2. THAN / THEN • I bet she’s a lot smarter you are! • First, I will open the notebook and I will start taking notes.
3. FLOWER / FLOUR • To bake the cake I need some , four eggs and some cheese. • My husband buys a for me every day, I love him!
4. DESSERT / DESERT • Anything after the main course, madam? Something sweet for perhaps? • When I was on holidays in Egypt we went to the . It was boiling hot there!
5. QUITE / QUIET • This café is expensive, let’s go somewhere else. • Children! Be , I’m on the phone with your father.
6. BREAK / BRAKE • During the I only managed to eat two bananas, some ice-cream and a piece of cake. Now I’m hungry! • They were driving very fast when they saw a deer on the road. The driver tried to use the but it was too late.
7. DIE / DYE • I think you should change something in your appearance. Why don’t you your hair black? What do you reckon? • Oh, no! When did your dog ? I didn’t know, I am so sorry to hear that!
8. LATE / LATELY • I have been reading a lot of books . I think I’m going to be a teacher of literature in the future. • You can’t be serious! You’re again even though you promised it would never happen again.
9. BORROW / LEND • I this CD from my friend every time I want to listen to sad music. • -Whose jacket is that? –My friend agreed to it to me and I totally forgot to give it back.
10. IT’S / ITS • Meet my cat Jerry and kitten Tom. • I can’t have this animal. too loud and furry.