Fałszywi przyjaciele, homofony i wyrażenia często mylone (7)
Wstaw słowa do zdań. Nie musisz zmieniać ich formy.
1. AT LEAST / AT LAST • I lost all my friends after moving away. I have you my lovely teddy bear. • You’re here ! I’ve been waiting for so long! Where have you been?!
2. LATE / LATELY • What have you been up to ? I haven’t seen you for two weeks. • You’re for work again! You’re fired!
3. COMPLEMENT / COMPLIMENT • Every time he tells her she’s beautiful she blushes. She’s not used to hearing such a from such a handsome man. • They each other very well, they function well together.
4. MAIL / MALE • Alex? Is it a or female friend you’re telling me about? One can get confused with the names nowadays and I think I’m getting jealous! • Yesterday I received a letter from my ex-boyfriend telling me how much he misses me. He sent it by , can you believe it?
5. HOLE / WHOLE • The story doesn’t make sense to me. You’ll have to explain. • John was digging a in the backyard. He wanted to bury his dog who died because it was hit by a car.
6. HIGH / TALL • All the mountains aren’t as as this one! It’s the most famous mountain in the world. What is it called? • She must be a volleyball player, she’s so !
7. PILOT / REMOTE CONTROL • I want to change the channel on TV, where is the ? • Is there a on board of that plane?
8. COOK / COOKER • He’s always been good at cooking, that’s why he became a and now he even owns a famous restaurant in the city centre. • What’s the most wanted kitchen appliance? Do you think it’s a ?
9. SYMPATHETIC / NICE • Have a trip! I hope you have fun. • Being a good teacher also means being to your students’ problems.
10. THERE / THEIR • must be a way to convince your mum! Let’s think it over one more time. • Whose bicycles are those? Are they bicycles?